April 8, 2009

Kathy Ireland, how can she do it !!!!!!!



Former supermodel Kathy Ireland is on a mission to help busy moms find real solutions. One of the issues she deals with is finding the time to exercise and to eat right. It is a subject that she learned from personal experience when her son snapped a picture of her where she says she looked pregnant.

Kathy Ireland: At the holiday, my son was taking pictures of everything, including me. My five-year-old looked at the picture and said, "Mom, you look pregnant,'" Ireland tells PEOPLE in its latest issue. "I didn't recognize the person I saw. I saw someone who looked overwhelmed, overstressed, overweight, over-everything."


"I was not making enough time to take care of me," says Ireland, 46, a mother of three kids ranging in age from 6 to 14 and CEO of Kathy Ireland World Wide, a $1.4 billion design empire. She also runs a mentoring program for single teen mothers.

What is interesting, People magazine did a very kind story on it, but since that article so many people are talking about: Will she ever fit in a bikini again? What does her body look like? They are not asking me about my cholesterol, the health of my heart, my triglycerides, or my C-Reactive protein. That is what is important.


 specifically built a business that was not about my appearance. And so, I would frequently say, "What does it matter if I am eating another bag of cookies?" It is important. I want to be there for our kids. If I end up looking better because of those healthy choices, great, but that is icing on the cake. Being there for our kids is the motivator. As moms we feel guilty if we take time for ourselves. We have to remember we are a member of that family, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Bookmark and Share

zimbio

YOUR FAVOURITE CELEBRITY